Norfolk Karnea 2022: The Greatest of All Delt Events
Earlier this month more than 450 Delts assembled in Norfolk, Virginia to renew the bonds of brotherhood, celebrate the four years of resilience within our Fraternity and cast a bold new vision for Delta Tau Delta to bring us into the 21st century and beyond. If you want to relive some of the best moments, the photos of the Karnea are linked below. Look to the future editions of The Rainbow for the full recap. Additional, photos can be found here.
Highlights of the 2022 Karnea will include:
- Passing the most significant governance reform since the 19th century. These changes will provide the Fraternity with a more modern and nimble governance structure. The time is coming for the purple, white and gold to be the recognized leader in the Fraternity world and the Karnea cleared the path to get us there.
- The Karnea combined the Loyalty Fund and the Centennial Development Fund into a single fund and named it the Loyalty Fund. Beginning in fall 2023 initiates will pay a one-time fee of $45 to the Loyalty Fund rather than two different assessments.
- The Karnea passed legislation to permit a man who initiated into another Fraternity but has since been released, to join Delta Tau Delta. The individual must show formal release from his prior organization.
- The legislation proposed to change the name crescent colony to crescent chapter failed. The concept was referred back to the Arch Chapter to consider an alternative name which avoids confusing a provisional group with a chartered chapter.
- We passed several Ritual changes to update the installation of international officers, clean grammatical errors and make the ceremony more inclusive.
With the change to the governance, the Karnea elected a traditional Arch Chapter and a revised Board of Directors. The traditional Arch Chapter went into effect on August 15. The new expanded Board of Directors will go into effect on March 1, 2023. The men elected to leadership are:
Current Arch Chapter set to take office on August 15, 2022:President
Rosario Palmieri, American UniversityVice President
Anthony Albanese, American UniversitySecond Vice President
Tiger Edwards, Southeastern Louisiana UniversityTreasurer
Ryan Caldwell, University of Nebraska at KearneySecretary
Bryan Adams, University of MaineDirector of Member Development
Ashley Wollam, Marietta CollegeEastern Division President
Ross Theriault, University of MaineSouthern Division President
Mark Nichols, Kansas State UniversityNorthern Division President
Jeff Pelletier, The Ohio State University and Boston CollegeWestern Plains Division President
Chris Wisbrock, University of MissouriWestern Pacific Division President
Jason Feiner, Bradley University
New Board of Directors set to take office on March 1, 2023:Chairman
Rosario Palmieri, American UniversityVice Chairman
Anthony Albanese, American UniversityTreasurer
Ryan Caldwell, University of Nebraska at KearneyStudent Director
Andrew Welch, University of Southern MississippiFoundation Chairman (ex officio)
Michael Shonrock, Western Illinois UniversityDirector at Large
Tiger Edwards, Southeastern Louisiana UniversityDirector at Large
Jason Feiner, Bradley UniversityDirector at Large
Chris Wisbrock, University of MissouriDirector at Large
Nigel Manick, University of California-RiversideDirector at Large
Jeremy Vanscoy, Wabash CollegeDirector at Large
Ashley Wollam, Marietta College