Men's Health on the Road
It is much easier to maintain one’s health while at home. You have more time to cook your own healthy food, go to the gym, and know a few different jogging routes. But what happens when you hit the road? Here are some tips to help you stay healthy while traveling:
- Vitamins: It is easy for your body to get worn down while traveling. It is also easier to get sick as you are being exposed to new environments with different viruses and such floating around. Go to the store and grab yourself some Zip Fizz or a multi-vitamin to help keep your energy up and your body healthy.
- Food: It’s tempting to eat fast food while traveling. You are in a hurry and fast food is convenient. Instead, use a mobile app such as Yelp to find healthier local options. As always, don’t be afraid to substitute a side salad in place of those fries.
- Exercise: If possible, stay at a hotel with a workout facility. If that isn’t possible, find a park to run in. Stretching helps with agility and mobility while a variety of pushups and abdominal workouts are easy to do anywhere. Improvise!
- Water: Staying hydrated on long trips is critical to maintaining your health. Bring several reusable water bottles to fill up at each stop. Avoid soda and sweet coffee drinks, which add on unnecessary sugar and likely are caffeinated, which can dehydrate you faster.
- Posture: Especially for trips where you’re driving for most of the day, being comfortable in the driver’s seat or passenger’s seat is essential. Sit up tall and take frequent breaks to stretch and realign posture. Bringing pillows and ergonomic cushions can also help you maintain good posture while providing extended comfort on a long drive.