Delta Tau Delta chapters are divided into five geographic divisions. Every winter, members gather in a place chosen within their division to celebrate the Fraternity, brotherhood and learn skills to help lead their chapters.
There are a number of skills every officer needs to be successful in his position. At division conferences, you can talk to brothers who hold the same position at other chapters and learn essential skills and discuss best practices. The Fraternity provides meaningful programming focused on traditional needs and chapter operational issues.
Delt men are stepping up to strengthen chapters across the country. They’re leading the way to achieve excellence.
Division conference season is that time each year when Delts from around the country gather to share brotherhood, exchange ideas and learn new techniques and strategies to become better officers and members. No other event in the Fraternity exposes more undergraduates to the concept of Delt excellence.
Conference programming is devoted to training chapter officers. Conference programming will focus on key concepts for specific officers. Attendance is required for the following officers: president, vice president, treasurer and recruitment chairman. Chapters must send those four officers at a minimum, but may send a maximum eight total members. Waivers for attendance exceeding eight may be requested through the division president.
The time together at division conference provides its members and volunteers an opportunity to focus attention and commitment to the principles that make Delta Tau Delta great.
As chapter undergraduate and volunteer leaders, you will have the opportunity to gain significant fraternity education for the betterment of your chapter and the Fraternity. You will have the opportunity to strengthen your chapter and is a great way to answer the call to excellence.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
In accordance with the division bylaws, chapters are required to send a minimum of five undergraduates. This must include the following officers: president, vice president, treasurer and recruitment chairman. Other chapter officers are encouraged to attend and chapters may send a maximum of eight total members. Waivers for attendance exceeding eight members may be requested through the division president. Conference registration is available by mid-November the year preceding conferences.
Chapters sending no delegation to attend a division conference will be subject to the following sanctions:
- The chapter will incur a fine of $1,000 which will be held for the chapter by the Division for future scholarships to attend a division conference.
- The chapter will forfeit any awards they were to be awarded at that conference.
- The chapter will be required to send eight members to the next conference.
- The chapter will meet with a Phonarch with the intent that the Phonarch will be able to help the chapter get some of the information they will have missed at the conference. The Phonarch’s expenses will be covered by the Division.
- The second year of violation consequences will include all consequences from the first year plus a required show cause hearing by an appointed Phonarch committee. The Phonarch will be coordinated by the Central Office staff at the chapter’s expense.
Any chapter sending less than the four required members will be fined not less than the registration fee for their conference for each member not in attendance (up to three members).
Nothing in this policy should be read to prohibit division presidents from modifying this policy based on special circumstances. This includes decisions on how to address chapters who send their delegation but the delegation does not attend sessions and/or leaves the conference early. However, any modifications made should also take into account having uniform policies across all five divisions.