2022 Division Conference Awards
Delta Tau Delta Fraternity recognized its top chapters for the 57th year with the Hugh Shields Award during the Fraternity’s Division Conferences in February.
Hugh Shields Award for Chapter Excellence
Established in 1965, the Hugh Shields Award for Chapter is named for the late Hugh Shields (Indiana University, 1926), the first executive vice president of the Fraternity. The award recognizes overall excellence in a chapter and is presented to the top 10 chapters in the Fraternity. Chapters receive a gavel and a Hugh Shields flag.
The 2021 Hugh Shields recipients (Number of years the chapter received the Hugh Sheilds Award including this year in parentheses followed by number of years the chapter has been named to the Court of Honor):
- Beta Zeta–Butler University (16, 24)
- Gamma Xi–University of Cincinnati (13, 15)
- Zeta Omega–Bradley University (8, 15)
- Zeta Zeta–Morehead State University (5, 8)
- Theta Eta–University of South Carolina (8, 10)
- Gamma Psi–Georgia Institute of Technology (5, 13)
- Epsilon Phi–Southeastern Louisiana University (21, 24)
- Beta Tau–University of Nebraska-Lincoln (21, 27)
- Epsilon Nu–Missouri Science and Technology (4, 9)
- Delta Gamma–University of South Dakota (15, 26)
- Zeta Mu–Robert Morris University (2, 3)
In addition to the Hugh Shields Awards, these chapters also received a Court of Honor Award for 2021.
Court of Honor Award
Also established in 1965, the Court of Honor Award is presented to the top 20 chapters in the Fraternity. For the 2021 reporting year, all chapters were asked to submit the Fraternity Awards/Accreditation Report (FAAR). Chapters were asked to provide documents that measure compliance with the Fraternity’s minimum operating standards, exceptional facets of their operations and Delta Tau Delta programming. Chapters were graded on excellence in chapter finance, recruitment, membership education, academics, alumni relations and community service. Chapters are honored with a gavel.
The 2021 Court of Honor (years awarded including this year in parentheses)
The Court of Honor includes all the Hugh Shields recipients and the chapters listed below:
- Epsilon Iota-B–Kettering University (22)
- Zeta–Case Western Reserve (11)
- Iota Iota–John Carroll University
- Epsilon Upsilon–Marietta College (14)
- Theta Kappa–University of Nebraska-Kearney (10)
- Gamma Pi–Iowa State University
- Gamma Kappa–University of Missouri
- Alpha–Allegheny College (24)
- Iota Psi–Northeastern University (7)
2023 Division Conferences
Southern Division, February 3-5, 2023 in Atlanta, Ga.
Western Pacific Division, February 3-5, 2023 in Portland, Ore.
Eastern Division, February 10-12, 2023 in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Western Plains Division, February 17-19, 2023 in Oklahoma City, Okla.
Northern Division, February 24-26, 2023 in Dublin, Ohio