Compass Presented at the Northern Division Conference | Feb. 24 - 26, 2023
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, 5100 Upper Metro Place, Dublin, Ohio
This year’s curriculum has changed from previous division conferences. The 2023 curriculum (Compass) focuses on member development and leadership programming. This means ANY AND ALL undergraduate Delts are invited and encouraged to attend the division conference.
The Fraternity is excited to offer complimentary Compass registration to eight undergraduate members per chapter.
Additional chapter attendees are encouraged to register. Following the conclusion of the conference, chapters will be billed $210 per attendee over the eight complimentary registrations.
Chapters are responsible for costs associated with hotel accommodations, travel costs, and all non-conference meals (conference meals include lunch and dinner on Friday, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday brunch).
Individuals with food allergies or dietary requests should email email@example.com no less than 10 days before the conference begins.
Room rate: $129/night plus 17.5% tax.
Reserve your room by February 10, 2023.
Click the button below to reserve your room with the Delta Tau Delta room rate or book your room by phone call 800-220-9219. The group code is DT5. To reach the hotel directly, call 614-790-9000. If you are making an online reservation to arrive on Thursday, go to the top of the page, click on EDIT STAY to select your arrival date.
Parking is complimentary for guests registered with the Delta Tau Delta room block.
Compass Presented at the Northern Division Conference Schedule
The full conference schedule will be provided to participants via the participant mobile app. More information to come.
Plan to arrive Friday between 10 a.m. and noon for registration and the opening session/lunch.
Participants should expect to stay at the hotel property upon arrival Friday until the conclusion of Sunday’s brunch.
Participants are expected to participate in all sessions throughout the event. Failure to meet this expectation may result in your chapter being charged the registration fee of $210 for any members who do not meet this expectation.
Attendees should plan to depart following the conclusion of the Sunday brunch at 1 p.m.
Volunteers in attendance will participate in one of two experiences.
- Alumni Ekklesia: this experience will provide volunteers updates on the Fraternity’s operations and structures.
- Compass Small Group Facilitator: this experience will provide select volunteers the opportunity to serve as small group facilitators to the undergraduate program, Compass. Member facilitators will be joined by friends of the Fraternity including fraternity/sorority advisors, campus professionals, fraternity alumni and many others. The addition of non-member facilitators will enrich the experience and education our undergraduates receive.
Volunteers will automatically be placed in the Alumni Ekklesia experience. If you are interested in serving as a small group facilitator, reach out directly to Britt Paxton, coordinator of member education and experience. There are a limited number of positions available at each conference.
If you are not selected to serve as a small group facilitator for Compass, you will have an important role in the Sunday programming focused on the Rite of Iris, Ritual and strengthening community and brotherhood in each chapter. Related discussions will be hosted at the chapter level, so come prepared to hear the impact of the program on chapter members and be ready to coach members on applying confidence and skill when they return to campus.
Volunteer Registration Details
The registration cost plus half of the hotel expenses for one advisor per chapter and all DVPs will be provided. Volunteers must register through MyDelt.
- Substitutions for the lead chapter advisor may be made on-site at the conference. Other advisors/alumni are welcome to attend division conference/Compass. The registration price for additional alumni, above the one complimentary, is $210.
- For hotel reimbursement, submit a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 days after the conclusion of the conference.
- Travel costs to and from the conference site are not covered.
Strengthening Community Brunch
Alumni who are not already participating in the entire weekend program are invited to register on MyDelt for the Strengthening Community brunch on Sunday. During the brunch the Fraternity will recognize members and chapters who embody the idea of strengthening community through their actions and behaviors. The cost of brunch is $40 per person. Brunch-only attendees must be prepared to pay by check on-site.
What to Wear:
All attendees are encouraged to dress comfortably in Delt or university attire throughout Friday and Saturday’s programming.
Friday — College or university sportswear
Saturday — Letters or chapter shirts (attendees should make attire choices that are alignment with Delta Tau Delta values. Members are discouraged from wearing items related to alcohol or substances.)
Sunday — Coat and tie are required for Sunday (this includes the Rite of Iris, Ritual and the Strengthening Community brunch).
Members will be provided the opportunity to change prior to traveling home. Check back for a more detailed list of items to pack, including a shirt to contribute to a shirt swap.
Contact conference planning committee members for the following:
- Alex Kennedy: general conference questions, work or class excuses and conference impact/assessment
- Andy Longo: hotel reservations and dietary restrictions
- Britt Paxton: facilitator selection, onboarding/training, management and reimbursements
- Conner Richberg: registration on MyDelt, check-in at the event and conference app access and use
- Abby Welch: Rite of Iris and Ritual performances and the Sunday Strengthening Community brunch
- Bentley Anderson: Alumni Ekklesia and volunteer reimbursements